Any manual windows in the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any manual windows in the US?

I was just wondering if there were any 2 door e30's here in the U.S with manual roll up windows?

Thanks.

Kevin
    Kevin Gibson
    90 325is

Yes, some early model 318i's came with manual windows IIRC.
    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Yeah, early model 318s are about the only place you'll see them in the US. Mine came with power but I just reverted to manual and my donor was another '84.
      ::: Present -- '87 325e, '95 525i
      ::: Past -- '91 318i, '95 540i/6, '85 323i Euro, '86 325es, '86 325e, '84 318i

Comment

We saw 3 or 4 cars in the yard we went to last weekend that had complete crank window assemblies, including door cards. I was half-tempted to grab a coupe setup just to see what all was involved, but I decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Tim

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
        MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
        | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Yes just liek they alll said , most early M10 318's had manual windows .

If you convert a later 88+ car to manual you'll need to grab the window glass as well as the regulators .

I did this "mod" to my old 318is and it was pretty pimp . :)

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

I want to "unpimp" my 318i and put power windows in from my 325i..... even if I did the glass/motors swap, there is still lack of wiring in the 318i.... hmm
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

my early model 318i was wired? and it had manuel windows

Comment

Originally posted by VacMan View Post
                We saw 3 or 4 cars in the yard we went to last weekend that had complete crank window assemblies, including door cards. I was half-tempted to grab a coupe setup just to see what all was involved, but I decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Tim
                That I am picking up this weekend.
                Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

The swap itself is VERY easy, at least on the early cars. I took some pictures to do a write up if there was any interest.

All you need on the early cars are the cranks, the regulators, and 4 extra bolts. The glass is the same, and you can just remove the plug on the door cards and use your current ones.
                  ::: Present -- '87 325e, '95 525i
                  ::: Past -- '91 318i, '95 540i/6, '85 323i Euro, '86 325es, '86 325e, '84 318i

Comment

Do a write up please :)
                    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I would appreciate a write up so when I start gathering pieces I get them all. I will be installing into a 1990 2 door if this works.
                      Kevin Gibson
                      90 325is

Comment

My 87 325 had manual windows. Of course it was originally shipped to Guam. But that is a US possession, so I suppose that it counts as a US car. As for how many were made like that I dunno.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
                        When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's £3.95 per minute.
                        "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson"
                        Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Comment

Working...
                        X