Getting my injectors out(m42) PITA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting my injectors out(m42) PITA

okay i used search and came up with all the m20's and there injector problems, my question is do i just pull up on fuel rain and injectors to get them out or what. im taking a break and gonna eat some dinner before i go back to it but just wondered what you guys had to say

EDIT: did it and it sucked i need to rebuild my engine too its pretty dirty.

http://www.volkswagenjettacup.com/

i have to release some pressure first dont i?

Comment

To quote Haynes:

Depressurization
      1. Remove the fuel pump fuse from the fuse box. The fuse is located in the engine compartment fuse box, and the exact location is given on the fuse box cover.
      2. Start the engine, and wait for it to stall. Switch off the ignition.
      3. Remove the fuel filler cap.
      4. The system is now depressurized.
      5. Disconnect the battery negative cable before working on any part of the fuel system.

Priming
      6. Install the fuel pump fuse, then switch on the ignition and wait for a few seconds for the fuel pump to run, building up fuel pressure. Switch off the ignition unless the engine is to be started.

Fuel rail and injectors
      2. Depressurize the fuel system, the disconnect the battery negative cable.
      3. Remove the upper section of the intake manifold.
      4. Pull up the wiring ducting to release the wiring plugs from the fuel injectors.
      5. Loosen the hose clamps and siconnect the fuel feed and return hoses from the fuel rail. Be prepared for fuel spillage and take adequate fire precautions. Plug the open ends of the pipes and hoses to prevent dirt entry and further fuel spillage.
      6. Disconnect the cavuum hose from the fuel pressure regulator.
      7. Unscrew the two bolts securing the fuel rail to the intake manifold.
      8. Carefully pull the fuel rail upwards to release the fuel injectors from the cylinder head, then withdraw the complete fuel rail/fuel injector assembly.
      9. To remove a fuel injector from the fuel rail, proceed as follows. A)Pry off the metal securing clip, iusing a screwdriver. B)Pull the fuel injector from the fuel rail.

Installation
      10. Before installation, it is wise to replace all the fuel injector O-rings as a matter of course.
      11. Check that the plastic washer at the bottom of each injector is positioned above the lower O-ring.
      12. Lightly lubricate the fuel injector O-rings with a little petroleum jelly or clean engine oil.
      13. Where applicable, install the fuel injectors to the fuel rail, ensuring that the securing clips are coorrectly fitted. Note that the injectors should be positioned so that the wiring sockets are uppermost when the assembly is reinstalled.
      14. Slide the fuel rail/fuel injector assembly into position, ensuring that the injectors engage with their bores in the intake manifold.
      15. Further installation is a reversal of removal, but install the upper section of the intake manifold, and pressureize the fuel system and check for leaks before starting the engine.

*taken from Haynes BMW 3-series 1992 thru 1998 manual copywrite Haynes North America, Inc. 2000

Comment

i just saw this today but thanks a lot man i did everything you typed

Comment

I get bored/drunk at night and I know not everyone has a Haynes manual lying about.

Comment

The late M30 use the same injectors as the M42 so if yo uhave any problmes im sure you will be able to find a M30 alot easier than a M42.

Andrew AT E30zone.co.uk | H23-is | S14

Comment

The E34 M30? Same flowrate and everything?

Comment

when i pulled mine on my m42 i had to pull the rail off first and then the injectors. there was no way those were coming out with the rail, so i had to do them one at a time. just make sure you number them and put them back where they came from

Comment

I assume by the signature you have an E36/M42? The E36 injectors are totally different. E30/M42 does use the same injectors as the late M30.

Comment

Working...
                  X