Crap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap!

Shit, okay I was checking my eccentrics to see if they were worn down and my fingers slipped for a second and the bolt holding the eccentric on the exhaust side of the no.5 cylinder fell somewhere. I hope it's in the oil pan cause then I can just drop it and get it out. If not, I dunno. Someone, anyone, please lemme know where it might be. Stupid mistake but I can't go anywhere. HELP ME SOMEONE.
    Originally posted by csermonet47
    Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Common guys anyone? I really wanna know whether there's an easier way to do this or whether it can wait.. Anyone?

That is all.

Comment

try putting a magnetic stick (the extendable ones) down the drain hole next to where it fell. You may be able to get it all the way down and pull out the nut.
      My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
      There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

On the exhaust side there are several passages directly into the oil pan, it is very likely the bolt fell down there. For next time shove some rags in there when you are working in that area, or be very careful.
        :: PNW Crew ::
        '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

I was removing the four vertical bolts and the four horizontal torx bolts that hold the bellhousing so I could get to the back of the oil pan. Three torx bolts out and guess what, the one right at the very bottom is stripped. I skipped it because I was going to use a U-attatchment on it(weird angle + lack of space) so I did the other three. When I tried the attachment wouldn't fit and when I cleaned it and shone a light on it, the fucker was stripped. SO I'm screwed unless anyone has dealt with this before..

That is all.

Comment

As much as I don't want to say it.. if there is any way you can get vise grips on there or maybe a gasp gator grip/hammer a socket on that might work.
            :: PNW Crew ::
            '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Working...
            X