Steering Wheel removal Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering Wheel removal Q

So i was at the junk yard today getting an assortment of items. I came across two Mtech1 steering wheels. I was unable to remove them. This appeared to be due to a pin in the column at the 12 o'clock position. I am assuming I need to disable the lock to remove the wheel. Is that correct?
    Last edited by dvmotorsports; 05-10-2008, 08:42 PM.
    Originally posted by jrhaile
    For the record I have never fucked a goat.

very true. we just usually sawzall the bitch off, then you can remove the lock. Ive also heard of people disabling the lock but i dont know how. Sawzall FTW
    harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by dvmotorsports View Post
      So i was at the junk yard today getting an assortment of items. I came across two Mtech1 steering wheels. I was unable to remove them. This appeared to be due to a pin in the column at the 12 o'clock position. I am assuming I need to disable the lock to remove the wheel. Is that correct?
      By turning the key to the run/start position this will lower the pin and allow the steering wheel to be removed. Short of that a creative form of destructive testing is required.

Comment

Originally posted by CntrlcoastE30's View Post
        By turning the key to the run/start position this will lower the pin and allow the steering wheel to be removed. Short of that a creative form of destructive testing is required.
        Only if it were that easy, the junkyard cars usually dont have keys!
        harry/harout

Comment

Working...
        X