OBC not working - 87 325

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBC not working - 87 325

Button lights work. At night, LCD screen gives a faint glow. Any suggestions on where to start? I've read the threads on bulb strip...don't sound like my prob. Thanks in advance

One or both of the light bulbs in the light bar are probably no good. You can solder in new ones, or replace the light bar which has new lights.

About $30.00 for a new light bar with bulbs, or $5.00 for new bulbs and your time and effort to desolder the old ones and solder in the new ones.

The light bar is a bit of a hassle to remove.

A forum search will provide instructions.

I've done it on two cars and it is not that difficult, just kind of a pain to do, as is the soldering and desoldering.

The buttons still light up because that's a seperate bulb and is easy to replace, so you may want to do that while you have everything apart.

It would suck to replace the display light bulbs, button everything back up, then have the bulb that illuminates the buttons go out.
    sigpic
    1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
    Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
    Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

Working...
    X