My e30 wants to be a subaru?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My e30 wants to be a subaru?

So I went on a lil road trip to Irvine last weekend, and checked everything before I left and after. Seemed to check out fine but ever since I got back for the last few days its been making weird noises. It was due for an oil change so I did that yesterday morning but all it did was quiet it down a TINY bit.

I took a picture through the valve cover opening and seemed like the eccentric has gone flat? Or it got chipped? If whats pictured isn't the eccentric then let me know what it is...

SORRY: all this was done with my camera phone...
    Here's 2 pics and a sound clip.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Hear that boxer rumble?

I have it in black and white because the "damage" showed up better.

If you need more info to figure it out, let me know. I'm so damn self conscious/paranoid driving it around.

Red circle is normal - looks like bmw's casting on a cam follower/rocker. Did a retard do your last valve job? That could do it - if they didn't tighten the bolt
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Hmmm...to be honest I don't know the last time the valves were adjusted. It's been on my list of things to do, but I guess I'm gonna have it done ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
        but I guess I'm gonna have it done ASAP.
        Funk that - buy a bently, and some wrenches at sears - do it your self. If that is the problem, you'll do a better job then the last guy.

HTH
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

^^^^^^

Very true man.

Just get a hold of a 10mm socket and end wrench, and you'll need a spark plug socket and a large screw driver. Obviously you'll need the lash tool but its really not a hard job. Do what George said and buy a bently or a Haynes manual it'll be the best money you spend on your car.

My friends car sounded like a subaru when he snapped a rocker. You may want to pop the valve cover off and take a closer look at the eccentrics and valve springs.

Good luck.

E30_Fiend
          Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
          Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

I have a bentley, the valve cover gasket, and some tools but I'm just afraid of messing the whole thing up.

Comment

Working...
            X