Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No power locks

Hi everyone,
    I just switched over from the e28 world to the e30. Love the car, but long story short, my power locks don't work. I did some reading and it sounded like the lock control module. So i picked up a new one from a local dealer, and took the panel off near the driver side speaker and unplugged the old one and put the new one in. BUT THE LOCKS STILL DO NOT WORK. The tumbler was just replaced as i made them replace it before i bought the car. the trunk nor the passenger side activate the power locks either. I can open them manually but it feels much more difficult as opposed to what the power lock should feel like on my brothers e30... kind of like its assisted. There is no electrical clicking or noise or anything. Does anyone have any clue where i should go next? When i took the panel apart i found the remnants of an old (I mean ancient) alarm system just left under the dash on the panel above the clutch and petals but none of it was connected to anything just the power module a bunch of relays and about a mile of disconnected wiring. I am wondering if any of these empty pigtails under here should be connected to something. None of them seem to match each other so im not sure what they were supposed to be connected to. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I love the new car but having no power locks is kind of a bummer. Let me know and thanks again!
    -Ryan

The central locking is notorious for going out on tthis generation of BMW's .
    Usually its the drivers or passengers that goes out but the trunkusually still controls them .

It could be number of things really or a combination .
    But the central locking "brain" is underneath the drivers kickpanel speaker .
    Just take you the speaker and your see the box inside the opening ...its either green or black ..can't remember exactly right now .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Its black... I said in the post i bought a new one and already replaced it and they still do not work and i know the part new control module works bc i bought it from realoem so now im really confused as to why they dont work.

On a side note, my power mirrors and my interior lights/door chime dont work when i oped the door. The interior lights work when i turn the switch on for them individually but when i open the doors they dont come on. The power mirrors dont work at all and somehow i have a feeling this is all related.

Comment

gOOb, your manual is here: www.wedophones.com

Look under "manauls" then "Automotive" then "BMW"...you will find your car there.

The mirrors and locks are separate fuses...the only thing they have in common is both being old...

Welcome to R3V!
        Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Pins in the doors are f'd. notorious in the e30 for corrosion.Its the wiring from the car to the doors. you can see it when you open the doors. unplug it(its tight) and check the pins/connections. Clean them up and use vaseline and plug them back in.
          Originally posted by codyep3
          I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
          2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
          1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
          1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
          2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
          2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
          2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
          2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
          2010 F650gs twin
          2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Working...
          X