Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator

Does anyone know the width of the factory radiator for the 325 and the M3?

Also for those of you who swapped in the M50/S50, which radiator did you use? I am currently looking at a performance radiator which is aprox. 1.5-2.0 inches. Was wondering if that would fit with an electric radiator? Anyone know exactly how much space I am going to have between the engine and the body?

Sorry for all the questions...

Thanks,
    -Alex Shiroma

88' ///M [awaiting S50]
    86' 325e [RIP]

you mean an electric fan right??? i'd leave about an 1.5 inches of room from the farthest out pulley which if i remeber is going to be the water pump pulley. about rads, lots of people use the e36 rad as its cheaper then the e30 rad. i've also seen people use the oem a/c electric fan...and run it all the time.

hope that helps.

-Cam
    Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

Haha, yeah sorry, meant electric fan not electric radiator. Does the E36 radiator fit in directly? Or do I have to fabricate mounting brackets?

Thanks,
      Alex
      -Alex Shiroma

88' ///M [awaiting S50]
      86' 325e [RIP]

Comment

if i recall it does mount right it, i'm going on knowledge i've read from other sites/books/cds, as i have not swapped a m50/s50 into my own car.
        personally i think it does because it would defeat the cost of the cheaper e36 rad if you had to fab brackets

hope that helps.
        Cam
        Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

Thank a lot for the replies, I guess I'll just have to wait a couple months till the body gets back to make measurements.

Thanks,
          Alex
          -Alex Shiroma

88' ///M [awaiting S50]
          86' 325e [RIP]

Comment

Measure an e36 radiator before you buy one. I was in a similar boat trying to find a radiator and if I remember correctly, the e36 radiator is too big to fit between the frame rails by about 1 inch. Measure ahead of time to be sure. I ended up going with an E30 M42 radiator and it fits perfect.
            Don't forget the good things Hitler did.

Comment

Working...
            X