Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torqued Head Bolts, Forgot Washers -think I need to do over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torqued Head Bolts, Forgot Washers -think I need to do over?

As in new bolts/gasket? I'm pretty sure this is the case. Just checking in to make sure.

doh...

I'd replace the bolts (with washers this time.... ;) ) but the head gasket should be fine.

Comment

you think? it just seems like the gasket would be compressed even further doing a re-torque.

Comment

dont take all of the bolts out at one time when you replace them, voila headgasket remains good, wait for corroboration on this information though as i havent done it
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

yes this is something my father suggested.

Comment

oops, wrong board.
            Last edited by smoke4ndmears; 06-10-2008, 11:32 PM.

Comment

I have done it- it works fine. Do them one at a time as NC325ic suggested.

I'm *assuming* the headgasket was new when you replaced the bolts???

If for some reason the HG magically starts leaking, it'll likely be an oil leak to the outside of the engine, not a catastrophic HG failure.

Comment

yeah new gasket. i'll give new bolts a shot. thanks gents.

Comment

Working...
                X