Crank, No Fuel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crank, No Fuel...

So I removed the OBC harness, and cleaned up some wires, while I was at it. Slap it back together... now the car cranks, but the fuel pump wouldnt click on at all...

- precursor to that is that I was sitting at my car and testing out the newly painted cluster dials.... when I hear a loud pop coming from the back of my car... it was definitely from teh rear as I felt some vibration like when your tire pop kind of sound.

Do fuel pump pop like taht?

Probably not your fuel pump, but you can bench test it by connecting 12V to the pump (with it out) and see if the pump goes.

You might have fried an in-line fuse that sits next to the main wire that goes from the battery in the trunk to the engine bay. If you pop your trunk carpet off (on the right side), follow the wire back about a foot or so from the positive terminal, there'll be a shrink-wrapped fuse that sits on wire that's about 8 gauge.

My brother's fuse blew years ago and we checked everything before I stumbled on a post about that fuse :rofl

Comment

+1 on the fuseable link.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
      When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's £3.95 per minute.
      "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson"
      Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Comment

Working...
      X