Short Shift Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Shift Question

I dunno much about the technical aspect of my e30 but i'm hoping to learn soon enough. But for now i just want to reduce the throw on the shifter. Whats the cheapest way to do this? I'm thinkin just the shift rod for now maybe. What exactly to i need (part number perhaps?) and the exact name of it of course and also best place to get it. Thanks.

lots of good info in there
    BEERTECH

Comment

Re: Short Shift Question

Originally posted by jrdn223
      I dunno much about the technical aspect of my e30 but i'm hoping to learn soon enough. But for now i just want to reduce the throw on the shifter. Whats the cheapest way to do this? I'm thinkin just the shift rod for now maybe. What exactly to i need (part number perhaps?) and the exact name of it of course and also best place to get it. Thanks.
      I am in Duluth, you can check my car out if you want to. I have the z3 1.9 shifter setup. You can play around with the old stock shifter by bending it etc (i have to look for it) if you want to

Comment

i have the smaller z3 shifter kit, its a bit of a longer throw than the 1.9, but i like it a lot. My friend has a 1.9 and his is sorta notchy, but not too bad. If i were you i would go with the 1.9 z3 shifter. And yes, unless you want to totally rebuild your shifter linkage(dropping tranny) you can just put in the shifter and the new cup. This can be done will leaving the car intact.

best place to get it would be BMA imo.

Kyle
        1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
        DILLIGAF

Comment

Working...
        X