Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please tell me what hose this is and where I can get another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone please tell me what hose this is and where I can get another?

It's been leaking ever since I bought the car and it's the only thing that's leaking on my car so I'd like to change it ASAP. I believe it's an oil coolant hose but I'm not sure?

Also, where can I pick one up? I'm near Pelican Parts but I don't know what to search for?

Yup, oil cooler hose. You don't even need the oil cooler, the thermostat is set so high that most cars have never actually used it. You could just remove it and plug the holes.

Comment

That is one of the hoses for the oil cooler. Your choices are to get the hose from a dealer, or to find a hose shop that can rebuild that hose.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Rather than plugging the hoses, if you decide to remove the oil cooler, just remove the entire oil cooler fitting from the engine block, and mount the oil filter directly to the block.

To do this, track down the male-male Eta engine oil filter bung, as those cars came from the factory with the filter mounted directly to the block. The filter is then perpendicular to the car's centerline, rather than parallel.
        Chuck Taylor
        NASA-SE SpecE30 Racer #218

Comment

You likely need to rebuild the oil cooler adapter that attaches to the block, then replace all of the O rings in the system (4, I think)

Or just replace with ETA stub, as mentioned above.

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

How close is the clearence from yalls oil cooler line to your a.c. compressor

Comment

Working...
            X