Cabrio top questions (repair/sealing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabrio top questions (repair/sealing)

The top and window in my '92 Cabrio are in great shape, with only two issues (and they may be related). First is that I have a bad leak on the passenger side along the seal between the window and the alignment pin on that side. We've been having some torrential rains in my area recently, and the intrusion is getting annoying. Fortunately, I've been able to catch almost all of it with heavy rubber floor mats and a pile of towels on the seat. I'm going to order a new seal, I hope that fixes the problem, though the latch feels a bit loose on that side - is there any way to adjust the latch so the top will be a bit tighter?

Second, the top is coming "untucked" (for lack of a better term" on the corners. The passenger side is worse than the driver side, and I'm wondering if some water is getting over the seal in the area where the top material isn't tucked in correctly. How can I fix those corners while the top is off? I'll try to get some pictures added later to explain what I mean about the corners.

Here's a picture I borrowed from Pelican's website for illustration. The problem area of the top is in a purple box. My corner's don't have that nice crisp "tuck" anymore - passenger side is worse than driver.
    Last edited by Sam Cogley; 06-20-2008, 09:49 AM.

I've got the new seal, but I'm still not sure what to do about the corners of the top.

Comment

Working...
    X