right tail light won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right tail light won't work

I have checked the bulbs, the fuses, everything that I can think of. Right rear brake light works, blinker works, but no tail light. Any ideas? 89 325I

Same thing is happening to me. Only my problem is on the my driver's side tail...and my from side marker if that helps at all. Come on you electrical geniuses, give us some advice.

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
    No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Hit it.

Works for me!
      Instagram
      sigpic
      Current: 99 M3
      Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Any other ideas?

Comment

Eh, clean off any corrosion at the bulb socket and the plug where the whole tail light base connects to.

Thats all I have.
          Instagram
          sigpic
          Current: 99 M3
          Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Sounds like a broken connection in the bulb holder. Take it out of the plastic housing and check any soldered points for cracks. It there aren't any hit the yards for another housing to test with to make sure it isn't wiring.

Wait! I believe I have a set of good bulb holders out in the garage....... one for each of ya. Pm me if interested.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
            When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's £3.95 per minute.
            "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson"
            Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Comment

Working...
            X