Emission troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emission troubles

Well I'm having some fun trying to get my ITB's to pass TN emissions, I've taken it threw 2 times now, first time the readings were HC=438 limit=220 ppm Co=.69 limit 1.20. So it just failed for high HC. Took it back in for a retest yesterday after fiddling with the timing a little(advanced it about 2 degrees to back what I was running pre ITB), and it failed both tests HC=644 and Co 1.21 so just barely failed CO but HC were even worse. I also did a fresh oil change right before the second test and drove the piss out of the car, coolant temp was around 209 degrees while being tested(I switched the fan to kick on at a warmer temp to try and get the engine to burn everything). Any suggestions? AFR at idle has been right around 15-16 so it's not running rich according to the wideband. I'm thinking maybe my cat is completely toast. Hopefully not, as I don't have the money to replace it right now, and i've got a set of headers to go on and rather just redo the complete exhaust while i'm at it.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

You may have a lean miss at idle. I have been thru the same thing with mine. Go to the state mechanic like I had to do. Tell him you can make adjustments to the parameters on the ECU and you should get it over with.

Till next year...lol...:(
    sigpic

Comment

Finally got ahold of the state mechanic after trying for 4 days, have an appointment for tomorrow morning, over the phone he thought it was misfires also.
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Working...
      X