ok i got one for you.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok i got one for you.......

before i took my car to E30Groupies house to start reassembly i had swapped stereos in the car (aftermarket for aftermarket). turn the car to ACC, radio worked fine, headlights turned on, i even rolled the windows up and roof without issue.

i get the car to E30Groupies and we wanted to vent the roof while we were working on it. go and turn the car to ACC and the horn is on, as in wont shut off on. i jiggled the horn buttons, i even looked in between the wheel and the steering column and its clear, no fix. now here is where it gets weirder. 1. the TIMER light is stuck on the obc. the light for it illuminates as soon as the battery is connected. its been doing this since i got the car though. 2.the power windows nor the roof will open. as if the switches are not getting any power.

is this a CODE issue via the OBC? why does the TIMER light stay on all the time? my next step if there is no simple answer is to unhook the horns and start unplugging crap until the windows start working. HELP!

Sounds like somthing with the radio swap or in that general area of wiring that you need to look at if it was fine before...

Comment

Fuck.

Sometimes I think I should move back to Portland.

I got nothing, buddy, but I cannot imagine anything in the stereo wiring.

Pull the column apart and check shit out!

Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

yeah thats another place to check. i am concerned with the OBC light stuck on though also. no ideas on that?

Comment

nobody?

pulled the horn relay. im getting no power to the window or roof switches. the headlights work, obc comes on, i can hear the fuel pump working. i dont believe something happened between towing from one house to the other. this is ridiculous.

anyone?

Comment

update. pulled the horn relay, tried another. everything was fine. hit the horn button, horn gets stuck on. im assuming some short in the steering column. but still no windows/roof, or interior fan.

great......

i havent drove the car yet and have electrical issues already.

Comment

Working...
            X