e28 parts compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e28 parts compatibility

Hey, I am opening a whole lot of questions in this thread, as my step-dad just hit a 12 point buck on the interstate, totaling it. Anyways, the question is this:
    Will the suspension work on my e30, enabling me to run 5 lug wheels? (By suspension, I assume I will need new springs and shocks, I wonder if the struts and stuff would line up with the e30 subframe and stuff.
    It is a 1988 528e, super eta.
    2.7i here I come :-)

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
    Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
    Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Which car was totalled? But no, the 5 series has a different suspension setup. Take that engine though.
    Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

the 5 series was totaled.

Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

Definitely, get that motor out of it before its take away. Don't worry about the intake, but the head and block are great starts for a stroker. I'm building one from this now. Do you have an "i" or an eta?

Comment

I have a 1990 325i, calypsorot, just like yours :-)
          I am grabbing the OBC, the engine.
          Anything else that would be good?

Comment

Might want to keep the tranny. Everything else will come from your existing engine. The OBC isn't necessary, and the harness would need to be updated to us it. More of a hassle than anything unless you really need the gagets.

Comment

If you have a manual sunroof-pull the electric shit from the e28, it's the same motor as the e30 has. That's the only thing I can think of

Comment

Originally posted by modifiede30
                Might want to keep the tranny. Everything else will come from your existing engine. The OBC isn't necessary, and the harness would need to be updated to us it. More of a hassle than anything unless you really need the gagets.
                The Temp/clock to OBC swap is a piece of cake.

just have to pull the instrument cluster, and install the obc in the heater surround, which is a tad intimidating at first buy far from hard.

I love my OBC, nice to have a range button, which helps me from time to time :)

Comment

Working...
                X