Replacing fuel sender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing fuel sender

I'm having problems with my gas gauge not working. I already checked the gauge and I think it's fine. So I just picked up a passenger side fuel sender for my 88 cab today at my local Pick n Pull. Is there anything special I need to do when installing this part into my car. i.e. unplug the battery? I searched and couldn't really find a definitive process, although it does look pretty straight forward. But, if anyone has any tips/tricks I'd kindly appreciate it.

Thanks
    WTB: Startec tail lights. Let me know what you have!

Yea, unplug battery, have a fire extinguisher near by if you have one. Light a cigarette, and replace it.

Oh - BTW, on the back of the cluster, there is a little nut that grounds the gauge. Make sure that is tightened. It has a way of backing off, and then the gauge stops working.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
      Yea, unplug battery, have a fire extinguisher near by if you have one. Light a cigarette, and replace it.

Oh - BTW, on the back of the cluster, there is a little nut that grounds the gauge. Make sure that is tightened. It has a way of backing off, and then the gauge stops working.
      Thanks. Your kidding about the cigarette right? :crazy: Or is that for the smell
      WTB: Startec tail lights. Let me know what you have!

Comment

It's kinda a boring job - the cigarette just adds excitement/possibility of death.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

George, you're horrible..

Unless you have a death wish, don't light a cigarette.

Comment

Recently A gas station nearby had a fuel tank explode. Reportedly, the mechanic was using a shop light with a regular bulb, dropped the light and the glass broke which created enough of a spark to ignite the vapor/fuel. Burned the place down, I don't think the mechanic survived.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
              It's kinda a boring job - the cigarette just adds excitement/possibility of death.
              Quote of the week.
              sigpic
              New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
              %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
              X