No announcement yet.

Ignition kill switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand the pain of getting stuff there. 10 hours is way worse then our 2 hour trip.
    We actually had a spare transmission ready to roll in my garage but I didn't have space to bring it. Some of my other spares got donated to other E30 teams in need.
    If you happen to want borrow our good one out of the car just PM me. Its got an ebay chip already.
    We are gonna have to rebuild the engine, did a compression test today ( 165 ,155,105 , 65 , 115, 40 ). Did 2 wets that were way too wet resulting in readings over 200 on #3 and #6. Oh well, it held up pretty well considering how nasty we were to it.
    SM 19 - Serial Destroyer of Cars
    Turbo '89 325i - It lives! Now the question is for how long?
    2SlowRcing.com

Comment

FYI we got the switch installed. Used the Longacre 4-post switch in the passenger side RHD wiper hole. Took apart the junction block on the firewall and used some spare battery cables we had from another kill switch to attach it all. Wired it up per the Spec E30 diagram referenced before and it shuts off the car like it's supposed to. Didn't use the diode but we don't plan on using the switch unless we have to.

Usefull BMW tips & tricks, how-tos and guides. Find everything regarding your favorite car here!

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

Comment

Working...
      X