Late model lower valence swap issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late model lower valence swap issues.

I have a 1990 325ic that has diving boards...so I am in the processes of swapping to plastic bumpers. However, I am having trouble with the valence fitting correctly. (I did cut the tow hooks)

In this picture, you can see where i circled it...right there the little hook or w/e conflicts with the wheel well hard-plastic, so the only way I see it is I have to cut that hard-plastic so that the valence will fit properly. Any thoughts? I cant believe no one else has ever had this problem. I was expecting a direct fit like everyone says.
    Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

It's interfering with the plastic brake duct/wheel well filler?

Comment

it is a direct fit but you're going to need the late-model style ducting panels and plastic undertray/mud shield piece. This is what I mean:

So in the mean time, either modify your existing panel or remove it.

Comment

just cut a little bit of it away of modify it to fit. Those little unertray things areny a huge deal unless you fling mud or water around on a regular basis

Comment

One of two things. Both have about the same likeliness of being the problem.

First, you may need the piece that was previously mentioned but I doubt it.

Second, you may just have a bent vslance on your hands which isn't really a huge deal because its really thin metal and can easily be bent back into shape. The adjusters for the bumper is what should close that gap up where it meets the fenders.

If you can push the bumper in far enough to get the adjusters lined up, then just see if that works or you may just have to modify the plastic piece. Hell I don't even have that plastic piece anymore. As long as you don't live down a dirt road or drive in the snow a lot, you should be more than fine without that splash guard which is all it really is. A rock would destroy that thing anyway if you were able to kick something up.

Taylor
          Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
          Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

The problem is he's trying to use the early model style fender liner/splash guard with a late-model valance. Simple as that.

So, either modify your existing plastic fender liner or replace it with the correct ones that go with the late model valance.

They go for less than $10 each new from Pelican parts:

51-71-1-962-767
            51-71-1-962-768

Comment

Cool, thanks for the help. Probably going to modify it for now. Was wondering why the 'direct fit' was not exactly fittin directly lol

and i finally can see why they're called brake ducts, always thought they were style
              Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

Working...
              X