Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Busted an oil pan: Is the motor still good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nic01101011 View Post
    the whole part of the pan that sticks down below the steering rack as well as the oil pump/pickup was torn right off. I drove by where the accident occurred and there's a 3 foot black spot on the curb. LOL

the good news is that I finally got everything back together, and the engine runs fine.:)
    good to hear your cars ok
    84 318I Delphin RIP
    87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

im getting a CEL, and the stomp test reveals code 1222 - which means its either running too lean or rich.

it did this ever since Id replaced the oil pan, and the CEL would disappear when I stabbed the throttle. but now its stuck on. any ideas on what could have went wrong? AFAIK the only thing that changed was the oil pan.

Comment

maybe you pinched a hard fuel line under the car.

Comment

what about that vacume line under the trottle boddy that goes to the charcoal canister, you might have pulled that off
          84 318I Delphin RIP
          87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
          89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

hmmm. Ill have a look at all that when I get a chance. The car seems to run fine.

Comment

I drove my car for about 3 weeks with less than a quart of oil in it at all times due to a leak. I just replaced the pan and my car is as strong as ever...

If the crack is big enough it will cause your sputtering. Mine had a very rough idle before I replaced the pan.

Comment

also, the car will randomly emit 3 beeps every so often when driving. no idea what thats about

Comment

also, the car will randomly emit 3 beeps every so often when driving. no idea what thats about
                  Is your Memo turned on on the OBC? If so, it should gong just before the hour change.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                  i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                  Originally posted by slammin.e28
                  Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

I finally got a look underneath, and it's pretty nasty. It's not just a crack in the pan, the whole things ripped off and I can look up into the engine. :(

Sounds like the car I purchaced in Tracy last week

This place is like catholic school, 2/3 of the students smoke weed on a daily basis, but the faculty seems to convince the outside world that drugs are just in the other schools, the resident pot dealer thinks he's cool because he has the originality to call anyone he doesn't like a homosexual, and most of the little children follow him like sheep, then there's the few with brains, you hardly ever hear from them, perhaps don't even know they exist, but they get all the sh!t done.

Comment

Working...
                    X