Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas consumption gauge

Hi folks,

I have a problem with my gas consumption indicator. When the car is on, it goes all the way to the maximum and stays there. When the engines off, it goes down to 0.

My fuel range on the OBC is 998 or 999km and it doesn't change. Fuel consumption on OBC is like 0.2 or 0.3l/100km.

The SI board was changed recently. BTW, I just bought the car, it came like that.

What is the source of my problem?
    Last edited by tuNED318; 11-12-2008, 08:31 PM.

RACE | RAT | RETRO | RADICAL | EURO

Are you 100% positive the SI Board was swapped? The only time I've had problems like this was when the SI Board was toast.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
      Are you 100% positive the SI Board was swapped? The only time I've had problems like this was when the SI Board was toast.
      Yeah, it was changed in 2001 @ 130 000km(81250miles). The car now has 161 000km.

But now I also have a precision problem with the speed indicator. Especially on the highway it can go up or down 10km/h while I'm on cruise...Could be the SI board or the speed sensor in the diff.

Do you know if there is a sensor or something for the fuel consumption? Where does it get it's numbers from?

Comment

The SI Board in my car was manufactured in 2003 and it took a shit, so dont discount that possibility.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
        i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
        Originally posted by slammin.e28
        Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

yea most def. the SI Board, sometimes things go bad earlier, especially with the manufacturing quality these days. Everybody's going super cheap

Comment

shite... thats a pricey part.

thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
            X