Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any easy to put the windsheild locking strips in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any easy to put the windsheild locking strips in?

My car is nearing completion, but I am afraid to really drive it because the windshiled and rear window locking strips are not in place. The last time I tried to put them in I scratched the fuck out of the paint. I really dont want to make that mistake again. Is there a proper way, or any easy way?

TIA

I drove my red car around for about a week without locking strips, the worse that can happen is the windshield may shift slightly and begin to leak. It is not going to fly out or break without them.

Locking strips are easy but you need a special tool.

Basically put the lock strip into the tip, shove the point into the seal and pull/push the tool at a 45 degree angle to install the lock strip.
    It is also very helpful to spray foaming window cleaner on the seal to lube up the process

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

I use silicone spray

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Thank you. Do you know where I can buy the locking strip tool?

Originally posted by Jparkr View Post
        I drove my red car around for about a week without
        locking strips, the worse that can happen is the windshield may shift slightly and begin to leak. It is not going to fly out or break without them.

Locking strips are easy but you need a special tool.

Basically put the lock strip into the tip, shove the point into the seal and pull/push the tool at a 45 degree angle to install the lock strip.
        It is also very helpful to spray foaming window cleaner on the seal to lube up the process

Comment

Most auto parts stores have them, just call around.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

search for Part # : 47000
            sigpic

Comment

I used a plastic putty knife and silicone spray.

Closing SOON!

Comment

I just used flat screw drivers and some lube. Wasn't really an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by DaN View Post
                  I just used flat screw drivers and some lube. Wasn't really an issue.
                  And a heat gun that's how I did it.

Comment

Working...
                  X