Cracked Oil Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracked Oil Pan

Well Thanks to a recent ice storm and snowplows destroying the roads, my oil pan is now cracked. On my way to home from my girlfriends house last night I was doing maybe 40-50 MPH felt a terrible bump and just knew something was wrong so I pulled into a parking lot right down the road to only see oil dripping down and knew what was wrong. Now the question is... What can I do to temporally fix this until I can change oil pans? Also if anybody has a oil pan for an E engine let me know.
    Alpine 86' 325 - Eibach Pro-kit(ftl), Millie Miglias, Ansa exhuast, US eilpsod's W/ HIDs, IS valence, More to come..

White Suzuki LTR450

Drain the oil, clean the spot where it is cracked really good, ruff up/sand the spot. Then put some JB Weld on it. You can use an E or an I pan. Just the ones that was in e28's are steal and i don't think they work in the e30.?.?.?

EDIT: after seeing the pictures. That's an easy fix with JB weld.
    Last edited by JasonC; 12-20-2008, 12:40 PM.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Heres two pics, sorry for the shit quality.
      Attached Files
      Alpine 86' 325 - Eibach Pro-kit(ftl), Millie Miglias, Ansa exhuast, US eilpsod's W/ HIDs, IS valence, More to come..

White Suzuki LTR450

Comment

JB weld that bish
        -Andy

Comment

Get all the oil out so that you can get a nice clean surface to work with. Like everyone said.... JB weld that shit... it works
          Originally posted by ebelements
          Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Working...
          X