90 325ic REALLY STINKS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 325ic REALLY STINKS!!!

Found this relatively low mile 325ic that must have sat a while. top has green mold around rear of the canvass, carpet is wet---but turn on the A/C or Heater and holy crap---what a stink even with the windows open and driving down the road!! OK tried a search with no luck. Did check the "elephant hose" on the firewall and that was clean and open. Was some glass fragments down the defroster vents but sucked -blew most of that crap out. I suspect the two vents (as pictured in Bentleys) for the A/C Evaporator under the dash are clogged and filled with mold. Do those vents exit above the transmission or bell housing? Can they be opened with a wire or compressed air. Would Lyson spreyed into the vents help or just be a waste of time? Has anyone had experience with fixing this kind of mess short of taking everything apart which is way more work then I want to do. HELP!!!!
    Always looking for Honda Trail 70 or mini trail z50

Yeeech, I hate cleaning that stuff.

IF (and its a big if) it isn't too bad, there is a product that comes in an aerosol can with a tube attached that you connect to the evaporator drain. It fills the air box with an expanding foam that is some sort of mold killer/cleaning agent.

I believe the manufacturer is AirSept. I have not applied this stuff to an E30, so I cant specifically tell you whats involved.
    -Dave
    2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

I say just bite the bullet and dis assemble and clean that way, of course try the foam stuff first and if that doesn`t work the tear down.

join the E30 Cabrio owners gruppe
      click here for details

Comment

How tough is it to pull the top of the dash for access to all the ducks--ducts---u know what i mean!!
        Always looking for Honda Trail 70 or mini trail z50

Comment

Working...
        X