Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEED HELP ASAP!! .. wiring issue .. possible fire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEED HELP ASAP!! .. wiring issue .. possible fire?

i swapped in my m20 into the e30 a couple weeks ago and everything is set to go ... good to head on the street

i let is warm up for 30 minutes or so .. than the idle go nuts .. i am thinking it is the ecu because it has an aftermarket chip in it ...

then the car dies ... i go to turn it back on ... and it doesnt want to pop

try a couple times to turn it over ... than i smell a skunk smell inside ... and see smoke come out of the center vent ... i go disconnect the battery ... and i go grab a fire extinguisher

i localized the smoke was coming from the fuse box ....

i pulled the fuse box up and take a look underneath

it is a green wire with a black line that at some points has melted the plastic exposing the metal wire .. and at some other points has melted to other wires ...

the wires go into what the bentley manual says is a LOAD REDUCTION RELAY (K5)(if applicable) ..........

on the top side the previous owner took a wire and wedged into the relay a wire that goes to ground ...

what system should i be looking under to find the wiring schematic that this wire or relay is associated with !!...

im not just going to cut the wire and splice it back in ... im going to find out why it got so damn hot!!!

help me please!!!
    Last edited by drivnvordaedge; 12-31-2008, 02:21 PM.

I have a pdf file with wiring diagrams if you want me to send it to you.

I cant remember where I got it.

Andy
    -Andy

Comment

i swapped in my m20 into the e30
      It would be helpful to know what car you have and exactly what was included in the swap.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
      X