Whats this sound its making?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats this sound its making?

ok, Im driving randomly and my 91 325i will just all of a sudden make a ding,ding. Just like when the temp gets under 40' ,but its a lil bit louder,and its during the day when the weather is in the 70-80's. I know this is prob a long shot,but what the hell maybe somone knows.

Memo to self: Turn off memo button

Comment

ok what makes a ding? Is it a chime or a ding coming from the engine, etc?
      -Alex

Comment

mine used to do it at the top of the hour

Comment

Originally posted by Uber E30 View Post
          ok what makes a ding? Is it a chime or a ding coming from the engine, etc?

its more like a chime, like the weather alert.

Comment

it does it at 36 degrees F, undo the knee bolster find something that looks like its a little speaker clipped to it and pull the connectors out of it. its your door gong, and its the most annoying feature on every car in america
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

take that stupid thing out, I did
              1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

It sounds like the weather chime,But louder.

Comment

first reply was your answer

Comment

Yeah the memo feature on the 7 button OBC will make a chime every hour.

Or if you've got the 13 button it's possible that you've got a speed alert set.

Comment

Working...
                    X