Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much power with a getrag 260 handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much power with a getrag 260 handle?

I have an M50 in my e30 with a getrag 260 from the 84 eta. Anybody know how much power i can chuck at that thing before it goes kablammy?? i honestly have no idea i know a good bit about the motors but not a ton about the transmissions

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

86 Zinno es
    M50 inside

endless powaaaa

getrag 260s are very strong, is it just a stock m50, if so no worries at all
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

i cant say i've heard a story of a getrag stripping out.
      getrag trannies are used in some vettes and other cars as well.

Comment

its a more or less stock m50 right now. you know the its got the basics, header and intake and such but internally its stock. for now at least ;-)

86 Zinno es
        M50 inside

Comment

thanks for the help, im thinkin turbo so if it'll hold up to 300 horse or so i'll be happy. im sixteen and on a very tight budget so a transmission swap isnt in the cards right now!!

86 Zinno es
          M50 inside

Comment

from what i've heard, the getrag is damn near indestructable if you have under 600hp. the synchros are another story though. i know several people with 1400whp supras that haven't ever blown a trans.

the 6 speed getrag is used in vettes, vipers, tt supras, & other cars i can't think of at the moment. i would assume (but i'm not sure) that the 5 speed getrag could also handle some crazy power (think 500-600hp reliably)
            Originally posted by BillBrasky
            That's like Vlad challenging Chip Foose to a car painting contest.
            Originally posted by acolella76
            i'm pretty sure 'Phillis' is short for syphilis
            2007 CVPI, stock and slow
            1994 tercel, 5efhe swap, i/h/e
            1984 t-type, 5.3/th350 swap in progress

My newest addition:
            Rebecca Arlene, born 4/19/2013

Comment

Originally posted by ieatpeople View Post
              from what i've heard, the getrag is damn near indestructable if you have under 600hp. the synchros are another story though. i know several people with 1400whp supras that haven't ever blown a trans.

the 6 speed getrag is used in vettes, vipers, tt supras, & other cars i can't think of at the moment. i would assume (but i'm not sure) that the 5 speed getrag could also handle some crazy power (think 500-600hp reliably)

Yup. I've heard about the same. Your golden. Hit it.... hit it HARD
              sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

And... BTW

Redline MT fluid FTMFW.. diff fluid too
                sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

will do!! yeah i think at 500 horse the getrag will last longer than my poor little m50 hahaha. about the redline fluid yup thats what i use in my parents 86 325es. they dunno shit about cars and they dont wanna pay for maintainence on it so i end up doing all the work on it

86 Zinno es
                  M50 inside

Comment

Working...
                  X