Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1987 325i 12mm ID fuel hose from tank to high pressure pump kinked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 325i 12mm ID fuel hose from tank to high pressure pump kinked?

Hi guys, hate to ask such a specific question, but I'd like to find an answer before I rip out my gas tank again. Realoem lists 16121176440 as the correct hose between the two fuel pumps (part 20 in this diagram), which is a meter of straight, non bent fuel hose. When mounted in the car along with the tank and pump, it has a bit of a kink just before the fuel pump. I was able to find 16121178823, which was used in early 318's and the M3 in the same place (between low pressure and high pressure fuel pumps), which has a slight formed bend right at the end just before the HP fuel pump and looks like a better fit.

So has anyone else run into this when replacing the rear fuel hoses? Will the hose I already installed work, or is it just one of realoem's oversights being that the '87 was the only year with a 325i motor and a dual fuel pump design?

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

so to update this I thought I had thrown out my old hose but found it cleaning the garage and it is in fact 16121178823 with a 90 degree molded curve just at the end. So the realoam diagram was incomplete and I get to figure out how to get the correct hose up in there without pulling my tank again!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Working...
    X