Wobbly exterior door handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wobbly exterior door handle

So on my rust bucket ‘91 ix my rear driver side door handle is wobbly. The back half of the handle moves up/down about 1/2” it’s caused a paint chip above the handle cause when you grab it if your not purposeful when you lift the handle it tilts and hits. Kinda tough to explain but anyway wondering if anyone knows if the interior handle mechanism can be replaced?

I have spare set of doors and have been trying to dig around inside them and found what I think are the only two 10mm nuts holding them on but haven’t worked out how I’d get it out of the door if I can even get those off.

can this be fixed? Any tips?

ive included some pics of what I’m pretty sure is the problem. Rust and wear has caused the back half of the mechanism to get egged out.

thats like mine. mine lifts up on 1 side causing the paint to chip away. ive never looked into it though. im assuming the bolt is loose behind the door

Comment

did you figure it out?

Comment

It can be swapped, haven't finished it more pressing stuff came up but I'll update (if i remember once I do). Biggest issue is the screws that attach the handle to the lever snapped off so i have to get those out and rethread fml

Comment

Working...
        X