High beam fuses blow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High beam fuses blow

Noticed my right high beam fuse blew. Replace it, tested the lights, all good. Then the fuse blew again. Replace to fuse checked everything, then both blew. Cleaned all the contacts including the relay. Fuses blow again.

After some research, I saw articles about the voltage regular causing voltage fluctuation causing similar symptoms. Replaced voltage regular, and fuses, tested everything and all looks good (both running and not running). Pull the car out of the garage, test again and the fuses are blown!

Another interesting tidbit, the left turn signal seems to be flashing quicker than the right.

Ideas?
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Well, it appears all this was a self inflicted wound. I probably would have saved myself a lot of time and grief if I found the "Lighting" sub forum first, and read the FAQs. Seems when you install Hella H4s, you need to up the fuse to a 10 amp. Oh well, live and learn. At least all the contacts have been cleaned...at least twice.
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

I was going to ask what headlights you had. On another note, you are moving more current through wires not meant for it. That can cause poor performance in the lights or a fire. I suggest a beefed up lighting circuit.

Comment

Working...
      X