Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have their front end off right now? Need a photo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have their front end off right now? Need a photo!

Hi guys, short story, I picked up a Carfax “total loss” E30 with a clean title. Took a chance on the car as I’ve always wanted one. Anyway, I got the front end apart and it appears as if the hit wasn’t that bad. It was hit back in 2004, fixed and has been on the road since then. Some kid in Ohio got it and neglected it for a few years.

Hood, driver fender and bumper aren’t original, but are BMW parts. Pass fender and rad support are original. Strut towers measure dead on at 38.75 center to center. So it looks like the front driver side bumper shock took the hit, there were a few washers spacing the shock to keep the reinforcement I the right spot. I’m thinking it’s the original shock and if so, it took most of the force and a new one will line my bumper back up.

Can anyone measure he driverside bumper shock complete length and also take a direct picture of the rail from the front? I want to compare gaps to see if it moved with in that pocket!

thanks! If it all check out, I can examine the rad support for being “true”.

What year is your car? The bumper shocks differ depending on the year of the car. 84-87 uses one type, then 87-88 another, and 89 on.

Comment

Hi sorry, forgot to check this. It’s a 91 325i.

Front end is still off, haven’t done much with it.

Comment

I would appreciate that measurement though. Mine showed 8” and 1/16 w the rubber cap on the back

Comment

Sorry. I have access to both the early and 87/88 shocks, but not the later shock assembly.

Comment

Ok no problem! Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X