Dash Light (Air/fuel?) Green to Red...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash Light (Air/fuel?) Green to Red...

All my dash lights on the bottom are full red (it's been on one red for a while but now it's onto all 3), is this the air fuel ratio? If so is it lean or Rich? I guessin red is lean. If not what else is this for. I assuming it's supposed to be in the green.
    R

This post for sale, PM me for details!

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
    RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

inspection lights
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
        This post for sale, PM me for details!
        If I wanted a stupid ass comment I'd make a thread on it. I'm posting because I'm not 100% sure of what it is and I would like to be. Excuse me for wanting to keep my Daily Driver in check. I don't take chances with cars even if I'm 90% sure.
        R

Comment

Dude, I'm not the one that thought the inspection lights were some kind of eighties take on an A/F gauge.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
          RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
            Dude, I'm not the one that thought the inspection lights were some kind of eighties take on an A/F gauge.
            Well, the car is from the mid to late 80's...

I have to say that your comments were uncalled for. The OP had a legitimate question and anyone not familiar with BMW's could easily mistake the inspection lights for something else.
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

they are lights that supposedly keep track of engine starts and runtime as well as perhaps mileage and are supposed to tell you when to change the oil. There is a way to reset them using the engine harness diagnostic pins. You just have to jump 2 wires together. Search google or this site for 'service indicator light reset' or something along those lines.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
                they are lights that supposedly keep track of engine starts and runtime as well as perhaps mileage and are supposed to tell you when to change the oil. There is a way to reset them using the engine harness diagnostic pins. You just have to jump 2 wires together. Search google or this site for 'service indicator light reset' or something along those lines.
                Thanks, I have an J&S knock sensor in my Rx7 that looks identical Green an red same amount of lights too.

I just had an oil change about 100 miles ago, filter an lube. Only thing I haven't changed is the fuel filter yet. I just put on an intake as well thats why I though of the air ratio being out of whack.

Once again thanks for your help I really appreciate it. Need help on a rotary or detailing questions feel free to ask.
                R

Comment

Working...
                X