Headlight issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight issues

I am still learning the lights and stuff in the E30s so sorry if i am unable to be very descriptive, but I was testing the lights on my new E30. The car is inspected so it did have all the lights working at some point and I did test this when I picked it up. When I push the light thing in all the way, lights are all off. I pull it out into the 1st spot - parking lights come on, 2nd spot - driver side running lights come on but not the passenger. When I was testing the high beams, the passenger side running light would turn on. So to clarify,

1st spot - parking lights (all good)
    2nd spot - driver side running light and parking lights (passenger doesn't come on)
    high beams - All lights come on.

The owner before is gonna let me know if he knows any info about what it could be. He did already change the bulb and the wiring feels tight. I am gonna go through the wiring this weekend cause it is kind of frankensteined right now but if you guys have any ideas i would appreciate it.

When you say "running lights" do you mean low beams? If I'm not mistaken, the low beams are dual filament and are powered by different fuses. So, check fuses 1, 2, 13 and 14
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Originally posted by tomstin View Post
      When you say "running lights" do you mean low beams? If I'm not mistaken, the low beams are dual filament and are powered by different fuses. So, check fuses 1, 2, 13 and 14
      Yeah the low beams sorry :p I’ll check that to see if it’s some that easy. Thanks tomstin!

Comment

Working...
      X