Suspension Leveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension Leveling

So my suspension rn looks a bit off. The guy before me added some H&R lowering springs and Bilstein Struts. The rear of the car is maybe a couple inches higher than the front. The oil pan hangs so low because of this and it forces me to have to find ways around speed bumps because going slow will still have it grind against them. I want to level the suspension to be the same height as the back so I don't have to worry about the oil pan hitting anything. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do or what the problem could be? I'm not a big suspension guy and my new tools are coming in soon and I haven't had a chance to look at it since I also don't have anyway to lift it rn. I'm supposed to go to a friend's house soon who is a mechanic to also take a look at it. If i can I will try and get some pictures from the side to show you guys.

First look at the springs, look for part numbers on the coils and count coils. I suspect that you may have a coil cut on the front. You may also have drop hats in the front and thick spring pads in the back.

In any case you will probably just need to replace the springs.

Comment

Agree with above. Also, you may have vert springs in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
        Agree with above. Also, you may have vert springs in the rear.
        Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        First look at the springs, look for part numbers on the coils and count coils. I suspect that you may have a coil cut on the front. You may also have drop hats in the front and thick spring pads in the back.

In any case you will probably just need to replace the springs.
        Thank you for the replies! I talked to the PO when i went to return his plates and he said when they were originally going for a drift setup they got a pretty expensive suspension to reduce the amount of body roll and increase stability. Thus this is what he said causes the positive rake. I'll have a better look at it later on when I can check it out. The car does ride well and I notice no body roll so it does it's job. This does just require me to get some coil overs i guess. Maybe I can sell the old suspension to help with that :P

Comment

Working...
        X