Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear end somehow loose...What may be the cause?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear end somehow loose...What may be the cause?

I m starting to feel really frustrated,cos this problem seems hard to diagnose (at least for someone with my little experience).
    Well,some days ago,i jacked up my car,got the wheels out,painted them and then put the wheels back on.All was ok,till i noticed a metallic clicking of some form,which was coming from the rear right wheel and was noticably speed related (was faster when accelerating).I thought to myself that maybe i did a mistake locking the bolts on the wheels or something,so I took it to a shop and check it out-I also balanced my front wheels by the way.

The noise was coming from a bolt hitting the rear right drum as the wheel was turning (!).How on earth could this happen? I used the SAME bolts for EVERY wheel and these bolts where on since i dont know when (more than 10 years I think) and there was no clicking or any noise whatsoever before! Anyway,changed the bolts with some new ones (the guy told me that the bolts i had on these wheels were the wrong kind and that they would cos me trouble if I kept them!)

Now,the rear end is somehow shaggin,I cannot slide the car smoothly like i used to do at certain bends and when i do a burnout style launch,the wheels behave just like they found grip on one moment and the next they spin but in a very fast way.I cannot wag the tail of the car smoothly at all at places I was using 2nd gear before that.I can feel the slightest pothole from the rear end and when i do slide the slide is super tight and very very uncontrollable and snappy.

WTF is going on ?!? Its somehow like the wheels (or one of them) is not totally vertical to the road (i know about camber,but I wanna tell you in a way how it feels).Please please help me,cos i m frustrated really really bad...What could be the cause of all this ?!? The new bolts? What ?

PS.Please forgive me for not always using the right terms.Hope you still get what i mean!
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
    It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
    you arent in the right mind set.

Low air pressure?

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Maybe subframe/TA bushings? Get under there and check them, and check EVERYTHING for tightness. Don't hesitate to retorque every bolt under there... it's an important area of the car.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Unbalanced rear tyres...forgot to post it! N.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
        It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
        you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

Working...
        X