Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch pedal assembly?

Hi,
    currently in the process of a manual swap on an 86 325e. It seems that the clutch master cylinder I have does not extend long enough to allow for enough pedal travel before the return spring causes the pedal to get sucked in from the return spring angling. How much clutch pedal travel is needed? The master cylinder part number says it should work. Also does the clutch pedal not have a tension spring besides the return spring? I found the bmw diagram but it’s hard to understand all drawn apart.
    thanks
    Last edited by 65fordls2; 05-01-2020, 12:35 AM.

AS I recall when I replaced my clutch master cylinder, the pedal should travel to the floor. In fact, on a stock setup there is a stop on the floor to prevent over driving the slave. I don't recall another spring other than the return. On mine, I can pull the pedal up about a half inch with my foot when the return spring pulls it back.

It was pretty fiddly installing all that under the dash. Maybe there are some pictures on line that can help you. Are you sure you have the correct pedal assembly and master?
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Working...
    X