Dash out/ a couple wiring questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash out/ a couple wiring questions

Good evening or whatever time it is where you are located. I have a few questions. Typing on phone so if it looks bad or doesn't make sense. Let me know happy to clarify. I'll try to make this as short as possible.

I am completing a dash swap and I almost have everything buttoned up. But, I wanted to test a few things. Currently have EVERYTHING disconnected from HVAC panel and instrument cluster out. I have a low beam that never worked and I swapped the switches out. Trying to troubleshoot...

Question 1. The little light bulbs for the hvac panel, the cluster, and the light for the headlight switch. They all blew at once? The one by the headlight switch worked, then I swapped it around and it blew. I bought all new bulbs, but before I start testing. Would the instrument cluster and HVAC being removed, with nothing wired cause an issue in circuits? I know the alternator will not charge with the instruments removed. So not sure if it is associated. If that makes sense. Iirc the defrost plays a part in that circuit. Just asking.

I did test before I had the bracket for the air bag control unit, with the big ground wire. I forgot about that big ground point and my dash is a little different. So maybe not a good ground...?

Question 2. I have an analog clock coming in. I've seen a few issues with people burning out their Si board when swapping. Would I have any issue just piggybacking from the radio? Switch for illumination and constant for power etc. Just dont want to take the risk with the Si board having issues.

20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Question 1 update. Bulbs issue resolved. Possible low voltage or maybe voltage spike. Put the new bulbs in and had most switches and controls connected. All is good there.

Question 2. Still dont have the clock. But will update regardless.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Congrats on completing the dash swap! Fun project, isn't it?

Regarding the clock, I believe there's a plug-n-play harness available for the euro clocks. That should resolve any wiring issues. There's a seller on R3V, who also sells through ebay. I believe they are $25.

Comment

Here you go... https://www.e30love.com/euro-clock-adapters.html

Comment

Working...
        X