High-mount for 3rd brake light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High-mount for 3rd brake light?

I want to get the center 3rd brake light off the rear package shelf and up to the top of the rear windshield somehow. Other than double-sided tape (which has not stood up to the sunlight very well), is there a good/clever way to mount the thing from the ceiling, or am I on my own on this endeavor? Thanks!

Why? Even given the golden opportunity with tourings BMW skipped it.

If you want more rear visibility, upgrade your lights to LEDs. Or if you must, get a generic slim line CHMSL and add another brake light, which should still be legal, at least in the US.

Comment

Well it's a track car, so having it high-center where most other drivers expect to see it sure helps with avoiding issues on-track. I could and will go with an LED strip if that turns out to be the only feasible option, but I already have the stock light and the harness is plenty long enough to reach around the window up there, and I quite like it all mounted that way with the double sided tape, just not staying stuck up there well enough for the long term.

Comment

If you go a different way, I would like your trunk mounted brake light.

Comment

Ah. Consider just making a bracket that goes over your brake light and screw or rivet that in to the structure of the roof at the top of the rear window. If you want to get really silly, take a convertible third brake light and mount it on your roof.

Comment

Working...
          X