Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 radiator temp sensor and aux fan resistor disintegrated, can they be bypassed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 radiator temp sensor and aux fan resistor disintegrated, can they be bypassed?

So i am finishing up a rebuild and now dealing with the cooling system. i notice that the plug that goes to the radiator temp sensor was so brittle it fell apart in my hands. There are 3 wires and they still have the round ends that slide onto the sensor on the side of the radiator, but i just dont know which is supposed to go to what.

i also remembered there is an aux fan resistor that can be bypassed by upping fuse #3 to 30A and putting connecting all 3 wires. is this right? do i even need the resistor to screw it on to?

if the radiator temp sensor is just the switch to turn on the aux fan, is there a way that can by bypassed to and maybe just have it turn on with the car?

There are a number of ways you can wire the fan up to bypass the switch - check out the thread below - the wiring diagram of the circuit is there so you can see exactly what each wire does:

I just run my fan as a single speed, on or off with a sensor in the thermostat housing. Works well.
    My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
    X