Car won’t start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car won’t start

Alright back again — so i got megasquirt to connect, but it only does when the car is off keys out the ignition, as soon as i turn the key it won’t let me connect.

with the keys out, the 2 left most LEDS on the MS2PNP unit are on, with the keys in and turned ready to start, only the first led is on — the one showing it’s 12v, however it is dim.

i got everything else working, so i figured i try cranking it. I’m getting gas 100% however it won’t start. I have power at the coil, i assume i have spark (new cap and rotor, jsut didn’t pull a spark plug to confirm).

i get power on every pin on the ecu that i should and ground on every pin that i should. I swapped out the cps with no luck.

i noticed the icv isn’t turning on/humming when i turn the key. I pulled off the plug and the middle connector has ~12v but the only two only have ~2v.

also for some background, when i pulled the engine the main relay got smashed up, i replaced it with a brand new one.

any help at this point would be great, I’m at a loss.
    Last edited by Dawskip; 06-25-2020, 06:37 PM.

I’m at the point where I’m willing to PayPal someone if they can help me get this thing running

Comment

Tried jumping the main relay, ecu stays on when I turn the key, however it won’t let me connect

Comment

Did some research and found a thread in mye28 — apparently a 87 and 87a main relay is no good, and it has to be two 87s, ordered one, will post updates

Comment

Jumped the main relay as i wait for it to come in the mail -- got the car running for like 5 seconds! however, it died out and now wont crank again, didnt change anything.

Comment

The is for all the help everyone (lol). Got it running, make sure your main relay has two 87s and not an 87a!!

Comment

Working...
            X