Brake switch drain battery ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake switch drain battery ?

Car ran rough, attributed to vacuum leaks. then i came out one day and it was completely dead. while dead, i deleted the heater plate + 'mess under the intake', i think this still left a couple ports unused on the throttle body? anyways i jumped it and let it run for a bit. noticed the brake lights were stuck on, if my brake switch went bad could it drain the battery? after a few minutes i went for a test drive and the car went completely dead about 100ft away. It also didnt run great but maybe that was due to the dying battery? and now i need an alternator too? someone check my logic.

Yes, the brake light switch, being stuck on, will keep the brake lights on and kill the battery. First, get the battery charged. Then with a multi meter, check to see if its charging or not.

Next, explain "mess under the intake"? Also "still left a couple ports unused on the throttle body"? Both statements concern me with how well the car is running. These engines are very temperamental with vacuum leaks along with the throttle position sensor. But get the battery and charging system sorted first.
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Working...
    X