Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Head unit that’s period correct with a cassette deck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head unit that’s period correct with a cassette deck?

Looking to get a new head unit, in the past year I’ve burned through 3 stock e30 ones, they just are old and won’t last.

I want one with a cassette deck, if anyone knows of any that look period correct, let me know.

Originally posted by Dawskip View Post
    Looking to get a new head unit, in the past year I’ve burned through 3 stock e30 ones, they just are old and won’t last.

I want one with a cassette deck, if anyone knows of any that look period correct, let me know.
    You are really going to struggle to get something new with a cassette player that isn't the same awful mechanism used in all consumer junk. Perhaps a used Nakamichi or Alpine deck from the 90s might be of sufficient quality to still be viable, if so, prepare to troll eBay.

You might also find a used BMW unit from an E36/E34 (low end models mostly) that would look at home in an E30, and still have a cassette player.

Comment

That's where the Bremen is good - the modern media slots are hidden behind a flap where the cassette slot was on the original Bremen from the 80s. Looks almost the same as the 80s model (they are pricey though!). Unless the OP is actually looking to play cassettes rather than just period correct appearance?

Click image for larger version  Name:	blaupunkt-return-of-a-legend.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.4 KB ID:	9950361
      My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

I sent my original cassette unit with some issues to factory radio service in LA. they added an aux hole (2012) they can add bluetooth as well...fixed all issues and its worked perfectly since.... I play tapes regularly... my worthless 2c sent from hell using Tapatalk
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        '90 325i sedan daily driven
        '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Working...
        X