Keep losing dash lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep losing dash lights

Couple weeks ago I was driving at night and my instrument / dash lights flickered out. I replaced fuses 21, 22 and 23 and they worked again. Then last night they flickered out again. I've checked fuses 10, 12, 21, 22, 23 and all are fine and all other functions work. This time though it looks like my reverse lights aren't turning on unless you need the car running to see , but I would think with ignition in the on position and manual set to reverse, they should come on. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    '90 325is

halloween gremlins sent from hell using Tapatalk
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
      halloween gremlins sent from hell using Tapatalk
      That sums up Tapatalk.

Comment

It is a full moon. I'll try tomorrow. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        '90 325is

Comment

Ok well, the switch in the transmission is bad for the reverse lights. the ohms weren't zero and connecting the wires that went to the sensor turned the reverse lights on. Also for the interior dash lights the dimmer switch is bad, bridging the #2 & #6 pin so there is no dimming I get all my dash lights again.

So now I just need to determine if these two were related and something shorted and fried them both or if it was just a coincidence.
          '90 325is

Comment

Working...
          X