BMW 325e - Keep it 100% OEM or Mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW 325e - Keep it 100% OEM or Mod?

I am the original owner of a 1985 BMW 325e with 60,000 miles, original paint, covered & garaged 100% of the time, maintained by dealer to all recommendations, all in perfect condition but i have not driven it for 20+ years. It is in the shop currently being brought back to life - all fluids, tuneup, timing belt, new fuel tank, lines, injectors, tires, brakes, etc.

My question is do i keep it 100% OEM or do i make mods to bring it as close to a 325is as possible? I would add front air damn, rear spoiler, 15" Euro basketweaves, H&R lowering springs, Bilstein shocks, chip and then engine mods. Probably perform an e to i conversion.

What do you think?

how much money and time do you have? sent from hell using Tapatalk
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

For the best resale value, keep it stock. For you to enjoy, do whatever you please.

Comment

Yes, as stated above but imo E do not fetch as much as an I or IS so... if it was me, I would mod it with quality parts like suspension. Body mods and engine swap/mods im not sure if you will get your money back for it. But if you plan to keep it. I think its worth to have fun. Also to keep in mind for how much you want to spend... you might be better off selling it and buying an i/is

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          For the best resale value, keep it stock. For you to enjoy, do whatever you please.
          agreed.
          Was in the same situation. mint 325e and wanted to keep it all original.. but then i was like why? do I plan to sell on BAT one day and have people in awe over a mint 325e?
          nah... I will do some tasteful mods and enjoy it while I am alive and able :)

Comment

I am leaning to the tasteful mods also. What did you do to your e

Comment

Working...
            X