Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Heat In Middle Vents (Heat on upper and lower)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Heat In Middle Vents (Heat on upper and lower)

Happy and safe holiday to all!!

Any logic to heat not blowing from middle vents? Uppers and lower all blow nice warm air. Can be a warm or cold day. I've tried closing the defrost/feet vents, with only middle. still blows cool.

I dont understand how that could work. I plan to check coolant/antifreeze.

Blower works great.
    I have pulled the dash out before, but ensured all of the ducks/piping were plumbed correctly and snug.

I'm hoping hoping the most needed is a coolant flush, which I did a couple years ago after I did water pump. Graff (if that is the spelling) metal impeller, if that is relevant
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Also, temp measured from thermostat housing bung is 80c cruising around. Seems to get to up to 87c in traffic.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

As I understand it is working as designed. BMW doesn’t want hot air blowing on the driver out of those vents. On my E30 the only way to get hot air out of those vents is when you have the heat ALL the way hot. As soon as you turn the dial down from full hot the heat is directed to the floor and windshield.
      2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Thanks for the reply tomstin. Even with heat maxed, it still blows cool. I'll probably replace the coolant again and go from there.
        20% Accurate

Comment

like tomstin said. it's designed that way so the driver is kept alert. another reason why the e30 is superior in engineering. sent from hell using Tapatalk
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          '90 325i sedan daily driven
          '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Make sure water is circulating in the heater core. You may have air in there, clogged core or bad mix valve.
            2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Working...
            X