E30 Rear Subframe Bushing Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Rear Subframe Bushing Tool

If anyone is interested in a quality tool for removing rear subframe bushings, check this one out:

When I was looking to replace mine, I couldn't find any tools to do it and wasn't interested in waiting for a loaner, building one from parts and pro-grade tools were either NLA or difficult to buy. I reached out a shop selling similar tools on eBay and asked if they'd consider making one for the E30. Anyway, the above is what we came up with. I think he did a great job and the tool works well.

I know there was another person on here selling something as well (thread below) but they seemed to have gone radio silent. Anyway, hopefully this can help some people out. I'm not affiliated with this shop nor do I get commissions or anything like that, just wanted to share something we were working on with the E30 community. For what it's worth, I've also used his E9x subframe tool and his jack stand adaptors for my modern stuff.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Some examples of others' tools:

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Can this tool be used with the subframe in as well as removed from the car?
    89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
    1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

this is great, thank you for the post! Will save that ebay listing for future reference. I'm in so cal, might pick up a set and pass it along to the next guy for cheap!
      Flickr

Comment

Just purchased one.....I can sell it along when I am done my subframe bushing job.
        1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Originally posted by E30andy View Post
          Can this tool be used with the subframe in as well as removed from the car?
          This is a good question. I don't think it would be possible unless you dropped it pretty far down and/or punched the stud out up and out of the body. To be honest, I didn't do any testing for that as my subframe was out of the car. The stud in the body makes it a bit difficult I think but I'd have to see other tools that would permit doing it with the subframe in the car. Curious how they'd do it?

Comment

Just purchased one.....I can sell it along when I am done my subframe bushing job.
            If you find room for improvement, please post! I think solid feedback would be helpful. As always, there is a balance between cost (time, materials) and the absolute perfect tool. For me personally, it is a good compromise between the super expensive pro-grade tools an tools for the DIY crowd (like me).

Comment

Ready to sell yet? Pick me...
              dlm ny country

Comment

Originally posted by dlmrun2002 View Post

Ready to sell yet? Pick me...
                dlm ny country
                HAHA not yet dude.....will let you know!
                1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Working...
                X