• Show
Clear All

1985 325e rough idle & loose hoses

Click image for larger version

Name:	607DB966-6CFE-486F-BB7A-02258AE838BA.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	9982085Hey e30 fellows,

New member here. I recently purchased a crappy 1985 325e to “restore” myself. Things aren’t going as bad as my wife initially expected. It was running before and after replacing the thermostat, oil, adjusting valves and a new valve cover gasket it is running much better. But there are 2 hoses, which I assume are vacuum hoses, currently going nowhere coming from the intake manifold. Picture included. I’d be very grateful if someone could point where this hoses are supposed to be coneccted. Additionally, I’m looking for some guidelines regarding how to remove and overhaul the intake manifold.
    Attached Files

You are missing a few parts there. This is what it should look like:

Instagram
    Build Thread

F87 2020 M2 Competition Coupe Long Beach Blue/Black w/Blue Stitching
    F22 2014 M235i Coupe Estoril Blue/Black (Sold)
    E46 2003 325xi Sedan Jet Black/Natural Brown Leather
    E30 1989 325i Vert Bronzitbeige Metallic/Natural
    E30 1986 325es Coupe Alpine White/Pearl Beige

Comment

First, I would recommend getting a Bentley manual which will help in many ways. That hose you have in your hand, is a fuel hose DO NOT REUSE it...REPLACE IT! The valve on the passenger side with the blue electrical connector, is the cold start valve. The TEE in that hose goes to the fuel injector rail. The other end should go to the fuel filter under the brake master cylinder.

As venerated mentioned, you appear to be missing the Idle Control Valve (ICV) which he shows in his pictures.

Lastly, timing belts are CRITICAL in these cars. When in doubt replace it! If the timing belt breaks, valves hit pistons and you have an expensive mess on your hands.
      2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Perhaps some pictures would help
        Attached Files
        2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Working...
        X