Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did e30 m3 rear seats come with a rear headrest option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did e30 m3 rear seats come with a rear headrest option?

Just curious, that's all.

I'm redoing my rear seat and would like to know whether or not this was an option? It would be cool if it was but if not, I would probably just leave it alone and keep it stock.
    world renown Harry Potter expert
    sigpic

in europe, yes.
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Damnit Germany. If you were in my position (e30 m3 rear seat ready for reupholstery, and have an extra set of Cardinal headrests with all appropriate hardware for the install), would you go ahead and have the headrests installed in the (european) factory location?

Or would you just leave it be, be satisfied that you have an m3 rear seat, and call it a day?
      sigpic

Comment

I'd probably castrate myself if I didn't have rear headrests.

Comment

Rear headrests are very classy to me. I think they fit the vehicle nicely. I even have to deal with their extra hassle of positioning the convertible top. I still think their addition is worth it.

Comment

Meh. I don't sit back there.

Comment

Rear headrests look good in a cabby, but i think they just block visibility in a coupe/sedan
              Originally posted by codyep3
              I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
              2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
              1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
              1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
              2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
              2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
              2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
              2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
              2010 F650gs twin
              2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Rear head rests will give her something to hold onto when you are in the back on the cardinal red... Cardinal Red leather is the SEX

So yea I would say put the headrest in but you can always decide later and just poker holes *GASP* yourself (That is how they will do it anyway)

Comment

I'm guessing rear headrests had to be an option, at least in some markets. I retrofit an M3 backseat in my car and it had the cutouts and mounts to accept them.

Now, years later, I still go back and forth about whether it was the right thing to do in a two-door.
                  Attached Files
                  ainadude
                  Indian Wells, CA

sigpic

1991 325i 2dr. 5sp, delphin, w/freshly re-skinned IS sport seats/15" Ronal cross-spokes

1976 Triumph Spitfire w/1.8-liter Miata engine/transmission, koa dash with TR6 oil/volt gauges, lowered suspension, 14" Minilite replicas and more

2004 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

Originally posted by ainadude View Post
                    I'm guessing rear headrests had to be an option, at least in some markets. I retrofit an M3 backseat in my car and it had the cutouts and mounts to accept them.

Now, years later, I still go back and forth about whether it was the right thing to do in a two-door.
                    That looks like the perfect interior to me.. I wouldn't go back and forth at all.

Comment

^^^ yea me either
                      NASA
                      BMWCCA member
                      PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                      1997 M3 sedan
                      2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

I've had e30s with and without them. My opinion is yes for sedan, no for coupe. And I certainly would not cut into those black m3 rear seat to try it out unless you were completely sold on it. Those are going for serious money now and only becoming more scarce.

Comment

I want to do it. I feel like sexual activities in an m3 rear seat would be a bit hard compared to an i/iS rear seat. Now it's fun in a regular back seat, but that whole exclusively 2 seater only setup back there will make for some weird angles.
                          sigpic

Comment

I had a back seat without the headrest, then I picked a tan 4 door's back seat with ski pass / headrest from the JY and installed it in my, I've never had regrets, I dyed them black too to match the front seats. :D

Comment

rear headrest are sweet, regardless!
                              90 Merc Gaelendewagen
                              91 Alpine White M-technic 4-door
                              91 calypsorot M-technic S52 coupe
                              91 Silver M-technic 2 Cabrio
                              84 Alpina B6 #25/250
                              86 Zino BBS coupe
                              86 Schwartz 535i
                              88 Alpineweis M3
                              88 Alpineweis M3

Comment