IE 310mm wilwood brake kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE 310mm wilwood brake kit

i just Purchased IE's Wilwood 310mm brake kit and in need to wheels to fit. they say they require at least 16's. My bbs rc090 style 5's probably wont fit. since they dont even clear the factory brakes with out a 3 mm spacer or the rattle clip removed. i have a set of throwing stars as well i will try to test fit and have a set of E38 16 style 5's . does anyone have any input or information that can help?

Forsure the style 5 won't work as they don't clear normal e30 brakes without a spacer. Might have more luck fiting the msystems. Ive been wondering if they would fit.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

well wednesday i should be getting them in so ill find out soon if they work. guess that means my style 5's are for sale

Comment

The style5s might work iirc the bbk uses a slim caliper. The only reason you have to go to 16s is because the rotor is larger and won't fit inside a 15 inch wheel.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
        sigpic

Comment

Style 5's should work, I know of a shop in central california that ran some with the kit. Think they might have needed some thin spacers though, would be interesting to see how yours fit.
          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Just get some Apex Arcs-8 and call it. It can fit all kinds of BBKs on e30s.

Or are you die hard on staying with 16s?

I have a BBK on my M3, running a 13" rotor and Wilwood SL6r Narrow caliper.
            I have BBS RC 304s 17X8 et38 (E36 fitment), with 20mm spacer with no clearance issues at all.

Comment

Well if I can get away with the 17inch style 5's that would be nice. I also have m system II's as well. Both are 17x8 et 20 it's just a matter of the thickness of the spokes. They say I need about 1 3/4 in from the face of the rotor to the rear of the spokes in order for the wheels to clear. The stock brakes have a clearance of 1.25 with the e39 style 5's I havnt check the m systems yet. But the bbk will have different fitment anyways. Worst case I'll go with the arc-8 they are nice wheels anyways. Just didn't want to cough of the money for them right now since I just bought the brakes and suspension for the car.
              Last edited by Fnb2121; 08-30-2012, 03:36 PM.

Comment

U might be able to get away with the 17s not the 16s

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

The 17" style 5's do clear the stock brakes without spacers but not sure if they will clear with your setup. You would have to remove the rattle clips though or go with a 5mm spacer. However the offset is already pushing the rim out pretty far and you may have issues with your fenders depending on which tire you run.

Cheers,

Jim
                  sigpic

Comment

Update? Did the 17" style fives fit?
                    Originally posted by codyep3
                    I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                    2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                    1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                    1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                    2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                    2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                    2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                    2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                    2010 F650gs twin
                    2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Not sure if there is much of a difference between the 4 lug and 5 lug kit but my 4 lug 310mm kit needed 5mm spacers to clear my redrilled faces.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

update ARC-8 are on the car. the style 5 do not work.

BTW i have a set of m system II just laying around now.

Comment

Working...
                        X